Let the Criminal Defense Lawyers at Hawthorne & Hawthorne Protect Your Rights in Court
Criminal convictions can follow you for the rest of your life. If you have been arrested and charged with a crime, don’t try to go it alone—you need competent legal representation to make sure that your rights are protected. The skilled criminal defense lawyers at Hawthorne & Hawthorne are able to defend you on many types of criminal charges:
- Felonies. Felonies are the most serious crimes. Individuals who are convicted of a felony will lose many rights, including the right to vote and the right to bear arms. Many employers will not hire convicted felons. If you have been charged with a felony, let us defend your rights.
- Misdemeanors. Although less serious than felonies, misdemeanors cannot simply be ignored. We are able to defend you on a variety of misdemeanor criminal charges, including assault and battery, drug charges, shoplifting, theft, and other criminal offenses. Let us protect your rights in court.
- Juveniles. Juveniles who are charged with breaking the law in Virginia receive special procedural treatment in the courts. We are experienced in protecting the rights of juveniles in the various local juvenile and domestic relations (“J&D”) district courts.
- Traffic Offenses. Although most traffic offenses are only infractions (which are less serious than misdemeanors), some traffic charges are serious enough to be classified as misdemeanors or felonies—possibly even resulting in jail time. Let our skilled lawyers defend you in your traffic case.
- Expungement of Criminal Records. Even if a judge finds you “not guilty,” the arrest will still show up on your criminal record for the rest of your life—unless you file a petition to have the criminal charge expunged. Let us help you clean up your arrest record.
Contact One of Our Experienced Criminal Defense Lawyers Today!
Being charged criminally is a serious thing. A conviction on a criminal charge can follow you for the rest of your life. Make sure to hire competent legal representation to protect your record.
Our attorneys are experienced in defending clients in local courts throughout Southside Virginia, including the courts in Amelia County, Appomattox County, Buckingham County, Brunswick County, Campbell County, Charlotte County, Cumberland County, Dinwiddie County, Halifax County, Lunenburg County, Mecklenburg County, Nottoway County, and Prince Edward County.
If you have been charged with a crime and need competent legal representation, contact the skilled criminal defense lawyers at Hawthorne & Hawthorne today!