(434) 676-2286 (fax)
110 S. Broad Street
P. O. Box 603
Kenbridge, VA 23944
(434) 736-8280 (fax)
191 King Street
P. O. Box 269
Keysville, VA 23947
Attorney Robert E. Hawthorne, better known as Bob Hawthorne, is pleased to assist you with the following types of legal matters:
- Real estate transactions, including residential closings and commercial closings;
- Business law, including creating corporations and LLCs as well as drafting and negotiating contracts;
- Estate planning, including drafting wills, powers of attorney, advance medical directives, and trusts;
- Estate administration and probate, including preparing inventories and accountings for filing with the appropriate Commissioner of Accounts; and
- Municipal law, including serving as general counsel or special counsel for local towns and counties; and
- Banking law, including serving as general counsel or special counsel for local community banks.
Mr. Hawthorne was admitted to the practice of law in Virginia after graduating from the University of Virginia School of Law in 1971. Spending the first few years of his legal career in Roanoke, Virginia, he later established a law practice in Lunenburg County, Virginia in 1978. He partnered briefly with Victoria attorney William L. Wellons to form the law firm of Wellons & Hawthorne but then operated as a sole practitioner until his son, Robert E. Hawthorne, Jr., joined the firm in 1993. Mr. Hawthorne and his son created Hawthorne & Hawthorne, P.C. in 1994.
Mr. Hawthorne presently serves as Chairman of the Senior Lawyers Conference of the Virginia State Bar. He is the representative from the Tenth Judicial Circuit to the Virginia State Bar Council. He also serves on the Standing Committee on Commissioners of Accounts of the Judicial Council of Virginia.
Mr. Hawthorne is a former chairman of the Real Estate Section of the Virginia State Bar. He has also served on the Ethics Committee of the Virginia State Bar.
Mr. Hawthorne is one of the longest-serving members of the Rotary Club of Lunenburg County and is a member of the Keysville Ruritan Club. He resides in Lunenburg, Virginia.