Let the Experienced Legal Team at Hawthorne & Hawthorne Handle Your Real Estate Closing
You’ve finally made the decision—you’re going to buy your first house. You need the extra room, now that your toddler has a little sister on the way. Or perhaps you’ve just found the perfect home where you can enjoy your long-awaited retirement years. Maybe you are a business owner seizing upon a new location that promises to revitalize your business … and your cash flow. Or maybe the time has finally come to cut that stand of pines now that your son is heading off to college. Whatever your specific situation, let us be your guide.
Hawthorne & Hawthorne is the preeminent law firm handling real estate closings in Lunenburg County, Charlotte County, Prince Edward County, and the surrounding areas. Although we handle a variety of legal matters, we consider real estate closings to be the bedrock of our practice. We handle both residential and commercial real estate closings. (We can even help you protect your property with a conservation easement.) Unlike many law firms, we offer full-service real estate closings and handle most aspects of the closing process in-house. Depending on your specific situation, we will be pleased to provide the following services to make your purchase, sale, or refinance as comfortable as possible:
- If requested, we will personally examine the title to the property. If any liens or defects in title are found on the property, we will work with you to ensure that you receive—or are able to provide—clear title to the property. We do not outsource our title exams to independent title searchers.
- We will prepare the necessary closing documents, including the deed itself, any deeds of trust (if not provided by your mortgage lender), the settlement statement, and any 1099s. We are experienced in dealing with a variety of lenders, including Benchmark Community Bank, the Bank of Charlotte County, Citizens Bank & Trust, and many of the nationwide banks.
- We will house the closing itself in one of our comfortable conference rooms. Free on-street parking is available in front of most of our offices; some offices even offer free private parking. We are of course able to accommodate individuals from out of the area by sending the closing documents via overnight delivery instead.
- If requested, we are able to place funds into one of our real estate escrow accounts so that you can be sure that these funds are available on the day of closing. We will likewise handle all disbursements of these funds. Our firm is VRESA (formerly CRESPA)-bonded.
- We will personally take the deed to the appropriate Circuit Court Clerk’s Office to be recorded. If you requested a title exam, we will also update the title exam of the property at that time to ensure that you will take clear title to the property. We will not disburse any escrowed funds until the deed has been recorded.
- Finally, if requested, we will also assist you with obtaining title insurance on the property to protect you in the event that someone challenges your title to the property in the future. We are experienced in dealing with several title insurance companies.
Contact One of Our Skilled Real Estate Lawyers Today!
Decisions made when buying and selling real estate can affect your future for years to come. Make sure to seek competent legal representation to protect your interests. The real estate attorneys at Hawthorne & Hawthorne are experienced in handling all manner of issues that arise in real estate transactions.
Our attorneys are available to help clients buy and sell properties located anywhere in Southside Virginia, including properties in Amelia County, Appomattox County, Buckingham County, Brunswick County, Campbell County, Charlotte County, Cumberland County, Dinwiddie County, Halifax County, Lunenburg County, Mecklenburg County, Nottoway County, and Prince Edward County.
If you are looking to buy or sell real estate in Southside Virginia, contact one of our real estate lawyers today!