Let the Business Lawyers at Hawthorne & Hawthorne Help Bring Your Business Deals from Dream to Reality
Like falling in love, pursuing new business opportunities can create some of the most exhilarating—and maybe also frightening—experiences in our lives. The skilled business lawyers at Hawthorne & Hawthorne are able to guide you every step of the way:
- Incorporation. We are experienced in incorporating corporations, from filing the articles of incorporation to preparing bylaws. We are also able to serve as a corporation’s registered agent.
- LLC Creation. We are experienced in organizing limited liability companies (LLCs), from filing the articles of organization to preparing the operating agreement. We are also able to serve as an LLC’s registered agent.
- Creation of Other Business Entities. Not everyone’s needs are met by a corporation or an LLC. We are also able to create other types of businesses, such as family limited partnerships (sometimes used for estate planning purposes) and cooperative associations.
- Nonprofit Law. We are able to represent nonprofits, from initially incorporating the nonstock corporation to preparing the application (Form 1023) for tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- General Counsel. Your legal questions are just beginning once your company is incorporated. We can answer your day-to-day legal questions even after your company is up and running (even the mundane questions like how to reimburse employees for mileage). As would be expected from any full-service law firm, we are able to offer a wide variety of services relating to document review, negotiation, and general litigation.
- Commercial Transactions. We are experienced in drafting and negotiating contracts and related documents for your business, whether you are trying to sell your business or expand. We are able to offer the full range of real estate closing services as well.
- Business Dissolution. Unfortunately, not all dreams end happily ever after. If you need help winding down your business or resolving a dispute with your partners, let us be your guide.
Contact One of Our Experienced Business Lawyers Today!
Whether you are just starting a business or finally retiring after years of hard work, or anywhere in between, you need competent legal representation to ensure that your interests are properly protected. Our attorneys are available to help clients with businesses located anywhere in Southside Virginia, including businesses in Amelia County, Appomattox County, Buckingham County, Brunswick County, Campbell County, Charlotte County, Cumberland County, Dinwiddie County, Halifax County, Lunenburg County, Mecklenburg County, Nottoway County, and Prince Edward County. If you need legal help in creating, buying, selling, or winding down your business, contact the experienced business lawyers at Hawthorne & Hawthorne today!